Pre-assembled SNOW/2P heating cable with constant resistance is the simplest solution for keeping outdoor surfaces of different sizes free of snow and ice, as well as outdoor stairway steps, loading and unloading places, parking lots or the like. It can also be used to de-ice roofs and gutters.
In the heat conductor, the electric current is converted into heat. The greater the electric current strength is, the more heat is worked out.
Therefore, the resistance heating cable contains a heating element, which is made of alloys with a small cross-section and high resistance. The heating cable is sold in a certain length, each piece of conductor has a constant resistance and produces the same amount of heat.
Calorique resistance heating cable is based on TWIN technology for easy installation and connection only at one end.
The 30 W/m resistance heating cable is prefabricated, can be placed directly in the hot asphalt (160 ° C), as well as combined with concrete or natural stone slabs. The set is supplied with a 3.5 m supply cable. The recommended power per square meter is 300 - 400 watts.
The heating cable has a high quality thermoplastic PVC outer jacket with the underlying aluminum-clad PE layer and protective braid of tinned copper wires. The SNOW/2P heating cable can be used in non-aggressive and non-organic environments.
- No inrush current
- Simple planning of the heating systems
- Ready for use: the heating cable is prefabricated with 3.5 m cold cable supply line
- Continuous sheathing of the heating cable and supply line
- Can be embedded in the hot asphalt (160° C)
- Solid thermally conductive protective shield
- Moisture resistant
- Can be used in potentially explosive atmospheres
Areas of application:
- Efficient de-icing of exterior surfaces of different sizes
- Exterior stair treads
- Loading and unloading places
- Parking lots
- open terraces with natural stone covering
- It can also be used for de-icing roofs and gutters, as well as pipe trace heating
When planning heating systems, it must be taken into account that the resistance heating cable is prefabricated and therefore cannot be shortened and must not cross or overlap. The connection between the two types of cable must never be interrupted.