CALORIQUE Self-regulating heating cable with LTC jacket 16 W/m
Self-regulating LTC heating cable is the easiest solution for use on small projects that don’t require long stretches of cable to be laid over substantial lengths. It can be used to prevent icing of roofs and rain gutters as well as for freezing protection and temperature control of pipes
The heating cable has IP protection class 67 and is therefore suitable for temporary submersion up to max. 1 m water depth for max. 30 minutes. Long-term use under water is explicitly prohibited for this product for safety reasons.
Indoor and outdoor use
- Rain gutters
- Frost-free operation of solar panels
- Pipe trace heating
- Optimal solution against condensation
- Prevention of thermal bridges
- Temperature control of reservoirs, containers or tanks
We recommend using a different product for de-icing large open areas outdoors and for heating the foundation or concrete screed. Please contact our customer service if you aren’t sure which product to choose, we will gladly help you.
- Self-regulating, no additional thermostat required
- Easy installation
- Sold either by the meter or cut to the required length and assembled ready-to-use.
- An overlap with itself is allowed if necessary.
- No possibility of overheating
- Moisture and weather resistant
The heating circuit length is calculated taking into account the following information:
- Rated voltage 230 Watt
- Type C circuit breaker with maximum load of 85%
- Maximum voltage drop on the supply conductors of the heating cable is 10%
- One-sided connection of the heating cable. The cable can be installed on metal pipes with subsequent thermal insulation. Inrush current changes according to the start temperature
When starting the heating cable from cold, there is a surge in current that can be 6-8 times higher than the nominal value - this is normal and can last several seconds.
Within 4-6 minutes the current reaches the calculated value according to the operating temperature.
When planning roof de-icing systems, it must be taken into account that the calculated specific power of the cable in the condensation water is up to 2x higher and can deviate from the data sheet.
|Voltage:||220 / 240 VAC|
|Conductor cross-section:||0,51 mm²|
|Maximum Operating Temperature:||+65° C|
|Use in potentially explosive areas:||yes|
|Specific Power Consumption (at 10°C):||16 W/m|
|Minimal Bending Radius:||35mm|
|Certification:||CE, TÜV Nord|
|Maximum ambient temperature:||+85°C|
|Minimum installation temperature:||-15°C|
|Maximum section length at 0 ° C on the roof in condensation / snow:||36m|
|Maximum section length at 10 ° C as pipeline / use on containers:||55m|
|Warranty / lifetime:||15 years / min. 30 years|